Thursday, December 31, 2009

Recently Read: Maternal Fitness

Maternal Fitness by Julie Tupler

At a recent Relief Society gathering, I overheard a friend talking about her recent pregnancy and delivery and saying how things went well and she felt strong and prepared by reading and following the guidelines in this book. My ears immediately perked up and I had to join the conversation. And then quickly request to borrow the book and read it for myself.

This book spells out the best exercises and strengthening a woman should do to prepare for labor. Labor is the hardest marathon you'll ever do, so of course it makes sense to prepare for it by strengthening the muscles that will be needed to push the baby out. There are helpful diagrams and step-by-step instructions for the entire workout.

I just finished reading this today, so I haven't really got down to work in doing the exercises. But they seem easy to do at home, so I'm excited to try them out. I'll let you know how it goes!


0 comments: